Sunday, October 4, 2009

So, I went to my first outside event this past week on tuesday. It was Mike McCarthy speaking about his new film and his views on pop culture. He is an interesting man. He began by saying that the golden age of American pop culture died with the death of Elvis. This may be true or it may not, I do not really know because I'm not really into pop culture myself. The underlying message behind what he was saying was good however. He told his life story about coming from a small town in Mississippi and not knowing he was adopted until much later in life. He dropped out of first grade, but came back to graduate highschool. He has really been in the underground film industry and is not making very much money at it. He says he loves what he does though so it does not matter how much money he makes. I thought that was the message he was trying to get across besides promoting his films.

No comments:

Post a Comment