Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Evaluation essay

After looking over the three topics for the evaluation essay, I have decided to write about the DNA database. I feel like that is the most controversial of the three, and might greater affect our culture in the long run. Even though I Would like to share my opinion on the database, I will not be able to because of the nature of an analytical essay. I was debating wether or not to write about the designer babies also. I was interested in it because it could lead to discrimination once and if it became mainstream. However, I did not think it would be legal to alter a baby's characteristics for long. I think it will be legal only to check for diseases. The DNA database it extremely controversial because everyone is worried about their right to privacy. Also, I would be very worried about the profiling of innocent people. It is going to be interesting to research this subject more thoroughly.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good to me! You CAN add some opinion, but it has to be filtered through a strict analysis of the sides of the issue. Your opinion is going to (should) come through even though that's not the focus.

    ReplyDelete