Monday, November 16, 2009

You know what really grinds my gears?

Cereal box toys.

When I was younger I would always have my mom buy the cereal with the sweetest toy. Even now I buy the colorful cereal boxes but they don't always have toys in them anymore. When I do find ones with toys, I am always disappointed with what I find lurking in the bottom of the bag. The cereal companies make the toys look so cool, but they always end up sucking. They cant chip in a little bit more money to give a toy that is worth a damn. I want some freaking matchbox cars that I can take off sick jumps and stuff. I don't want some stupid "decoder ring" that does absolutely nothing. It decodes nothing. There is no secret message that i really need to know. There are no x-ray specs that actually work. The 3-D glasses are a joke. I can get a piece of red plastic and a piece of blue plastic and put them over my eyes and it will have the same effect. If they are going to put a toy in a box make it worthwhile. Don't waste my time with the crap you put in there. I don't want to dig to the bottom to be disappointed anymore. I've just now decided that I am done buying cereal because of the empty promises of cool toys.
When they do promise something cool, you have to buy like fifty boxes and send in the box tops. NO thats not even worth it. I want to talk to the owners of these companies.

4 comments:

  1. You should consider changing your title! I'm just saying...

    The toys in the toy boxes were always a disappointment. I remember getting pumped when my Mom bought a box of cereal with a prize inside. The toy was never anything useful. Cereal box toys are even good enought to put in a yard sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i would have to agree. Everything just keeps getting cheaper and cheaper as we move along in time. People are just too uptight and greedy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to get happy when my mom bought the cereal with the toys. The problem was we going to eat the cereal. I would get mad when they have you thinking the toy is inside the box, but its really not. You got to fill out sum crap to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hah i know exactly what you mean. I remember going to the grocery store with my mom and picking out the cereal with the coolest toy regardless if i even liked that cereal.

    ReplyDelete