Wednesday, November 18, 2009

uhhhh....

alright so I went to the outside event tonight at The Otherlands Coffee bar. Jonathan May and Emily Thrash were reading their poetry and short nonfiction pieces. First of all... What the fuck was that all about?! Pardon my French but that was by far the most uncomfortable I have ever been. I did not hear much of Emily's writing but Jonathan's was a little... homosexual. Don't get me wrong, I could care less if people are gay, but putting what he put down on paper should be illegal. He was talking about giving his bisexual friend blow jobs while they were on cocaine and acid trips. I am not sure how honest you all want me to be but I will stop there. To say the least, it got worse. I went with Alex and we could not even look around the room because this guy was saying the most ridiculous things. As far as the venue goes, it was a small room with a couple futons and tables. There were different chairs set up all facing the speakers who were behind a table. The walls were covered in sheet metal and paintings. It seemed like a very liberal part of town where a lot of artists and aspiring writers lived. By far the weirdest experience of my life. Wow....

4 comments:

  1. haha its not your fault you couldn't have predicted it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like that would have been a little uncomfortable. Well a lot of uncomfortable. =P. At least you went and got another outside event out of the way! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. This event was horrific. I felt so awkward and out of place. The people there actually enjoyed it and I have no idea how.

    ReplyDelete