Monday, September 14, 2009


This past weekend I watched the UT Volunteers play the UCLA Bruins in football. My favorite team is the Volunteers so naturally I was pulling for them to win. It started off looking fairly good for the Vols but the quarterback, Jonathan Crompton, who played awfully last year showed his true colors once again after having and amazing first game against WKU Hill-toppers. Crompton decided it would be fun to throw three interceptions on consecutive drives ultimately blowing the game for the Vols. However, I cannot blame it all on Crompton, because the standout freshman, Bryce Brown, did not look like the player he as made out to be either. Overall, it was a disappointing weekend for Big Orange Country.

2 comments:

  1. I felt awful for Crompton. It's not that he did well - he definitely made some very poor decisions - but there's a whole lot riding on his shoulders. In general I just have a really bad taste in my mouth about the way Fulmer was treated, so I'm having a hard time ginning up any enthusiasm for the Vols (the team I root for, because my husband is a crazed fan, when they're not playing Bama) this year. They'll get back on top, I'm sure, but it's just not the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only they could get back to the glory day of Peyton Manning within the next four years. I would die a happy man. I'm not saying they have to win another national championship, but I would like to see them in a top ten ranking. Is that so much to ask? I am debating wether or not to even watch the Florida game this weekend. I have a pretty good feeling that Urban Meyer will run up the score after what Lane Kiffin said in his pre-season interviews. Fulmer was a legend, no doubt but I agree that it was time to let him go and get some young blood in there to spice things up.

    ReplyDelete