Tuesday, September 22, 2009

In my life, religion has played a very large role. I was brought up Catholic and attended mass every sunday. I went to a Catholic high school and was required to take a religion class. We also went to mass during school once a week. I also love to learn new things and experience new ideas. I particularly like biology, and the Theory of evolution has done nothing to draw me away from my faith. I know that people can choose to believe what they want to believe, but my roots are too deep into the Catholic faith to believe that there is simply no higher being. I am very open to the idea that evolution happens (and it does happen), but with the help of this higher being, or God. I refuse to just think that everything happens by complete coincidence.

2 comments:

  1. I totally respect your position. And, as a Catholic myself (who is raising my daughter as a Catholic), I agree with the recognition of God as Creator. However, I don't think that it is wise (or in keeping with Christian doctrine) to shut off inquiry (refuse to think) because something, on the face of it, seems to contradict what we take on faith. Think Galileo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, I was going to post a blog about this same topic. Is that okay? Haha. I'm right there with you Peter and respect your position as well. I'm a very religious person as well and will remain that way for my life. Anthropology and anything to do with evolution will not drive me away from my faith. There is a higher being, its obvious.

    ReplyDelete