Monday, March 15, 2010

Outside event 1 (Sorry thought these were due tomorrow not today)

Anyways, one brisk saturday morning I attended the walk through the woods in Overton Park. I'd be lying if I said I was wasn't wishing that I was still laying in bed. Either way, it turned out to be a nice little morning walk. I learned lots of interesting things about the forrest that I had no idea about even though I have been living in memphis for over ten years. I brought a pen and paper to take notes. Apparently the park was opened in the early 1900s and was named for a Judge Overton who was there near the founding of the city of Memphis. The forrest was an amazing sight, and one that I could really appreciate because I am a big fan of nature. Some of the trees in the forrest were massive and had to be hundreds of years old. Apparently there are over 70 tree species that can be found in the Old Forrest. That number baffled me because I cant really tell much difference between most trees. I feel that I need to come back and take another tour in the summertime but maybe without the guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment