Monday, March 15, 2010

Outside event 2

In early march, I attended a reading at Burke's bookstore. I have been to the place twice before and nothing out of the ordinary ever happened so I wasn't worried to go in there like I am to go in to the Otherlands now. The author's name was Richard Bausch. It seemed to be a pretty popular event because there were lots of people crammed into that small bookstore. Bausch one of his short stories "Immigrants" or something like that. It was about a two older married people that lived in Memphis. They were trying to get residency since they were from out of the country. They went to the place to get their residency and the woman who worked there asked some questions when the wife began to cry. The story ended kind of boring and without a point to me. He was a cool guy to listen to and it wasn't too difficult to stand and listen to. Better than the Otherlands at least haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment