Monday, December 7, 2009

Last outside event

Thank God I made this final outside event. This was my second to attend at the otherlands coffee house thing and it was so much better than the last because this one was not about gay fantasies. The reader this time was a woman whose name escapes me now. Anyways, she read a narrative story about a sculpture in mid-town. The sculpture was described as a large globe with the oceans just as holes in the sculpture. She tells about the man who created the sculpture. The sculptor had to put a support on the sculpture so that it would stand. He did not want it to just be a support he wanted it to tie into the piece. So he made it a small glass globe with three wax babies inside. The wax babies melted and were mutated. He thought it helped the piece even more because it show how fragile the earth is.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man i know about all those outside events im rly screwed in that department. I have a couple but no authors lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel ya on this one. Those outside event were a pain. The otherlands is not exactly my favorite place to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one or two more events that I have to do but that should not be that big of a deal. This was the first reading that I went to but it was definitely better than the second one I went to.

    ReplyDelete